TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

Seven Day Loan (The Original Sinners, #0.5) - Tiffany Reisz *This book was purchased by me for my own enjoyment. Review also appears at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

Seven Day Loan is a surprisingly sweet story about Eleanor, the ultimate submissive, and how she changes the life of Daniel when left in his care for a week by her Master while he is away on a trip.

Although Eleanor would never hesitate to obey her Master’s commands, she’s not sure what to make of Daniel, and he has even less of an idea what to do about her, until her smart-ass nature manages to draw out his innate dominance...which may have been the plan of Eleanor’s Master all along. But what will happen when her Master returns to claim what is his?

Eleanor seems to be awfully bratty for someone who is a natural submissive, trained and owned by a great Master whose will cannot be questioned. Yet her insistence on making Daniel work for every submissive act is what he needs to pull out of the self-imposed funk in which he’s been wallowing since the death of his wife almost three years past.

Daniel seems to be overly Dominant for someone who is a librarian by trade. His home library has been his only consolation after losing his wife, but if he continues to bury himself there much longer, he may not ever be able to leave the house again. Eleanor is the first sign of life in that house and now that he’s got her there, will he ever be able to let her go?

This novella is a prequel to The Siren, although I didn’t realize it at the time I first read it. Although most of the story is Eleanor and Daniel, we do get a glimpse of Eleanor’s relationship with her Master at the start, and we see how she will do anything for him - including being “loaned” to another man - simply because he wants it. We see how Eleanor’s passionate embrace of life and of the D/s lifestyle works its magic on Daniel and we wonder who to root for when Eleanor’s Master returns at the end of the seven days. It’s a wonderfully sweet and touching story into the lives of two people who each provide what the other needs at just the right moment in time. And because it is Tiffany Reisz, it is also wonderfully kinky.

If you haven’t read The Siren, Seven Day Loan is a great introduction to the world of The Original Sinners. If you have, then you’ll enjoy seeing this moment in the lives of Eleanor and her Master.
And if you’d like to find out what happens next with Daniel, you can read Tiffany Reisz’s free follow-up novella, “Daniel Part 2” on her website.