TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz *This book was provided to the reviewer by the author in exchange for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

This review contains spoilers for The Siren. If you have not read The Siren, please stop here.

“If it’s an abomination, it’s because you’re doing it wrong.”

If The Siren was sex plus horror (erotica), and Seven Day Loan was sex plus love (romance), then what we have here in The Angel is a full serving of both. The horror is self-evident as more details from both Nora’s and Søren’s lives are revealed, piece by excruciating piece. The romance blooms in its midst, slow and steady, and just as irresistible.

The Angel takes us even deeper into the world of The Original Sinners, deeper into the story of Nora, its queen and the sun around which all the others orbit. Each of the men fulfill a need in Nora that a single man could never provide: Griffin as her jaded fun time playmate, Michael as her sweet untainted pupil she can train, and Søren as her ultimate Master to whom she can never say no. When the outsider Suzanne is pulled into Nora’s universe, digging for the dirt on Søren, the resulting events could change their world irrevocably.

Griffin Fiske, “New York’s biggest trust fund baby”, had a brief but memorable appearance in The Siren, making it clear to everyone just why he was “the reason gags were invented”. He’s nearly six years sober after doing his best to self-destruct with hard partying and heavy drug abuse, but still doesn’t seem to take anything else in life very seriously. He thought he was in love with Nora once, but was ultimately unable to do what it took to make her his. Now that Nora has been commanded by Søren to hide out with him for the summer, Griffin finally has his second chance to be worthy for the one person he realizes he needs to own completely.

Michael Dimir is the innocent damaged soul in The Siren offered up to Nora by Søren as both a gift and a test. “She’d enjoyed the gift. She’d failed the test.” Søren had saved Michael’s life. Now it was Nora’s task to train Michael as the submissive he wanted to be in order to save the rest of his life. What she ultimately discovers will provide an another opportunity to either pass the test she failed before or accept the gift she fears the most.

Suzanne is the reason why Nora and Michael have had to disappear for the summer. An anonymous tip has sent her in the direction of Søren, determined to prove whatever sins he might be hiding and convinced of his guilt from the start. But when she meets him in person, and as he appears to offer up his secrets to her, one by one, she realizes that her time in Afghanistan wasn’t half as terrifying as what she might ultimately uncover here in this quiet Connecticut parish.

If you’ve read my previous reviews for The Siren and Seven Day Loan, you already know how much I love The Original Sinners series. The Angel is no exception. It hides as much as it uncovers, and what it reveals about Nora and Søren only serves to whet my appetite for more. As with The Siren, if I told you any more than that, it would ruin the pleasure of discovering its terrible beauty for yourself.

And as with The Siren, I repeat my disclaimer that this book is not for everyone, though you should not need any warning if you are this far into the review. After all, those who haven’t read the Siren should have stopped at the top, and those who have should be able to handle anything The Angel would contain. It is a worthy successor to The Siren in all respects, and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

“We value most what we must sacrifice to have.”