TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

The Space Between Us - Megan Hart *This book was provided to the reviewer by the author in exchange for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

I have to admit right up front that I am a huge fan of Megan Hart. One of the things I love most about her books is how she has, over time, created this vividly drawn world in and around Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Characters from previous books often make appearances, but never in a way that expects you to have read those books or doesn’t make sense within the current story. There are a wealth of both new and previously seen supporting characters in “The Space Between Us”, most of whom we meet at Morningside Mocha, the coffee shop where Tesla Martin works.

Tesla is a woman who has survived so much early in her life and now only wants to exist from day to day. She’s trying to avoid any additional drama but knows that she’ll never have more than she does right now if she doesn’t take any chances. Everyone thinks she’s a wild child based on her past (if they know it) and how she presents herself to others, but the sad truth is that her life is so dull that it’s practically standing still.

It’s Meredith who sways Tesla into a sexual triad with her own husband Charlie, almost solely by her force of will. Charlie appears to be as passive as Tesla, but clearly loves his wife enough to make this change in his life to please her. But as Charlie and Tesla grow closer, it remains to be seen if Meredith will be content with their new arrangement.

As I said before, I’m a big Megan Hart fangirl. So it pains me to say that “The Space Between Us” was not one that I enjoyed as much as usual. A big part of this was her decision to include a prologue that I considered tantamount to a spoiler. When the author tells me upfront where the plot is going to go, it alters my ability to fully immerse myself in the story. Thanks to that prologue, I had a nagging thought the whole time, wondering when we would get to that part. This type of early reveal may not be a problem for others, but if I had the ability to read this again for the first time, I would go right to Chapter One and skip the prologue. The good news is that aside from that one concern, this was another beautifully written Megan Hart story and I enjoyed being back in her world.