TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

Hear Me (Dark Erotica, #3) - Skye Warren This book was provided to the reviewer by the author in exchange for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

Melody has escaped and is on the run from those who are pursuing her. But it’s unclear who those people are, and if she will ever really escape them. She is found by a man who seems kind, but does not appear to want her, at least not at first. What comes after may be related to what came before, but until Melody’s memories return, she won’t know who to trust.

There isn't much more that I can mention in this review without giving away the wonderful twists and turns found in Hear Me. It’s the third in a series but can be read as a stand-alone. I’m an avid fan of this sort of dark erotica, and it was great to discover another talented author in this genre which is so specialized, so difficult and so off-putting to the majority of readers. The author’s skill in putting us inside Melody’s head and letting us experience every detail as she does is especially precise without being ghoulish or disgusting. There aren't many writers who can take on this genre and do it well, but Skye Warren is definitely one of them. She has found a place on my auto-buy list for dark erotica along with Kitty Thomas, Annabel Joseph and Claire Thompson. If this is your genre, she is a must-read.

Ratings:

Overall: 4.5
Sensuality level: 5