TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

The Prince (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

This review contains spoilers for The Angel. If you have not read The Angel, please stop here.

At the end of The Angel, book 2 in the Original Sinners series, we are left with Nora reconnecting with Wesley and what appears to be the end of the perceived danger to Nora which had begun with the theft of her file from Kingsley’s townhouse. But as we soon find within The Prince, the danger to Nora is still present and very real. This is why Søren has practically thrown her into the arms of Wes and why it will take both Søren and Kingsley to discover what is threatening the peace and safety of the 8th Circle.

“His pet’s run off, and this time, she hasn't got her collar.”

While Nora is attempting to find her niche within Wesley’s rarefied and decidedly vanilla world, Kingsley is hoping to leverage her absence to his greatest advantage. After all, before Søren was hers, he was Søren's. The Prince is the story of not only the dangerous present, but also the inescapable past, where decisions made in the throes of passion lead to unintended consequences in the here and now. In it, we learn how Kingsley and Søren's relationship began and how it directed what would happen years before Nora had been Eleanor, long before she had even been born. At the same time, we see Nora come to terms with what she feels for Wesley as he continues on the same path of devotion he began all the way back at the beginning of The Angel. The place where everyone’s paths intersect is where the true danger begins.

“I've read Machiavelli, too. The Prince. It is better to be feared than loved.”

It should come as no surprise that I absolutely loved this book. Yet, if you had told me a year ago that I would shed tears over the intimate scenes between Søren and Kingsley, I’d have said you were crazy. The genius of Tiffany Reisz is how she draws you into her world of the Original Sinners so slowly and surely that by the time you realize what you are reading and how you are reacting to it, it’s all much too late to change your mind. The seduction is complete.

As always, please be advised that there are no taboos that Tiffany Reisz isn't willing to explore, no line she won’t cross, no bar to what she will reveal. If you are easily offended by any sort of sexual taboo, this is likely not the book for you. More’s the pity.

“What? You’re telling me romance novels and erotica novels aren't one hundred percent realistic with the sex scenes? I’m shocked.”

Ratings:

Overall: 5
Sensuality level: 5 (non-consensual M/M, hardcore BDSM, a single scene of animal abuse)