TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

Double Vision - Cassandra Carr A copy of this book was provided to me by the author for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

The Buffalo Intimidators are a hockey team renowned for their consistently winning seasons, and as shown in previous series installments, their players’ apparent predilection for menage relationships. But unlike the previous two books in the series, in Double Vision the move toward a permanent triad comes from the older player and his girlfriend, not from the two men looking for a woman who is willing to love them both. This is the story of how those two teammates discover that the woman loved by one of them could be the woman loved by both of them.

Fredrik and Liz are an established couple, sharing their lives and beginning to plan for their long term future once Fredrik retires from playing professional hockey. The idea of inviting Red to their bed was initially Liz’s, as she’d always wanted to try a threesome and Red was clearly interested in her sexually. Red is younger and much less experienced, and was raised in a very traditional household where the idea of two men sharing one woman was not to be discussed, let alone tolerated. Both Fredrik and Liz want Red to see that their connection could be more than a temporary sexual fling. What will it take for Red to realize that they need him as much as he can’t seem to admit he needs them?

I’m a big fan of the Buffalo Intimidators series, not only for the satisfying portrayals of committed multiple partner relationships, but also for how they are seamlessly incorporated into the daily lives of professional hockey players. My own knowledge of hockey is minimal at best, yet for me, Cassandra Carr successfully conveys the level of personal commitment required for a player to remain at the top of his game without shirking his responsibilities to his teammates. I also love how she manages the level of suspense for whatever external dilemma might be required to bring around the partner still unsure about the relationship. When that moment arrives for Fredrik, Liz and Red, this perfect level of exposition results in a most satisfying ending.

I don’t know if we’ll see any further additions to this series, but I've enjoyed it enough to start working my way through other series by Cassandra Carr. I’m looking forward to more of that steady hand balancing stories of people with demanding athletic careers pursuing genuine emotional connections (and seriously hot sex).

Ratings:

Overall: 4.5
Sensuality level: 4