TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

No Reservations (Bad Girls Know #1) - Lilly Cain A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

This was a fun fast read with two winning characters whose unfinished business kept getting in the way of the happy-ever-after they didn’t even know they wanted. The setup was simple: Travis needed to fly home immediately, Alicia was the only one with available seats with her business jet service. They’d been attracted to each other back in college, but their cut throat competitions for the best grades had wrecked their chances at a future together and they’d gone their separate ways....until now. It’s obvious the attraction is still there, and they’re both unattached. But can they get beyond their past to have that future together at last?

I still can’t believe this story was only 15,000 words. The author did a wonderful job at not only the original setup and rejoining of their competition, but also filling in the blanks of their shared past without spending too much time telling instead of showing. I felt like I knew what was going on in both Alicia and Travis’ minds, and why they were behaving so stubbornly, even though all I wanted was them to realize that they were meant to be together. The sex scenes were explicit, as expected, but the feelings were genuine and the outcome well earned. I definitely wish that No Reservations had been longer, but only because I wanted to continue following Alicia and Travis in their new life together, not because I felt like anything had been missing up until the end of the story. It was well-structured and an enjoyable read, with characters I hope will turn up in another story by this author in the near future.

Ratings: