TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

The Fetish Box, Part Three: What Remains - Nicole Camden A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com

In Part Three, all things are resolved as Mary finally takes her rightful place as the new Fetish Queen of the local kink community and we discover the source of the threats against her and the ones she has come to love. But Mary has to make several difficult choices and deal with immediate personal danger before she can reach her own personal Happily Ever After.

I suppose it’s the nature of a concluding third part of a trilogy that setting up the plot payoffs and wrapping things up neatly is what needs to be provided above all, but I still found Part Three to be somewhat of a let-down. I’d guessed the source of the threats back in Part Two - it wasn't really much of a mystery - and when that person finally appeared, it was almost anticlimactic as the scene played itself out and the story moved along to its happy ending for all. It’s not like I wanted Mary to actually be killed or harmed, but the buildup had been so effective that the payoff just couldn't live up to my expectations.

The Fetish Box is definitely nothing like anything else I've read this year. It didn't always work for me but I appreciate Nicole Camden’s effort at writing something different than all the other serialized erotic stories available today. Although I can’t help thinking that this story would have been better served without serialization, I’ll always treasure the perfect jewel that was Part One.