TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

Coming Unbound - Lacey Savage A copy of this book was provided to me by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

Ginny loves Cole. Cole loves Ginny. But no matter how mutual the desire and how hot the sex, Ginny can’t orgasm. It’s no surprise that this has driven a wedge in their marriage, since each blames themselves for the problem neither of them seems to know how to fix. Even hours of couples therapy, where Ginny shared details of how her college boyfriend had made her feel dirty and unwanted, hadn’t seemed to help her see that Cole was different and that he could be trusted with her desire and love.

When Ginny leaves town for her annual work conference trip on the week of their wedding anniversary, both she and Cole worry that the end of their marriage might be near. But his suggestion that they celebrate her return with the most outrageously sexual thing they can imagine, the explosive results will either save their relationship or end it forever.

I admit that I was skeptical that Cole and Ginny could have stayed together for more than a year with this serious problem still between them. But as the story progressed, it was obvious that their love for each other had convinced them both that this was a temporary problem and it was only now that they were starting to worry it was permanent. When Ginny actually forgot that her return flight was the same day as their wedding anniversary, both she and Cole were shocked into making one last extreme effort because neither of them wanted to be without the other.

As tormented as Ginny was, I was gratified that there was no immediate magical cure for what ailed her. The progression of events from when she impulsively gets her nipples pierced while away on her trip, to when Cole brings his friend Erik (a Dom for hire!) into their marriage were plotted carefully and written beautifully. Each of the failed attempts along the way showed us just how damaged Ginny had been and made the ultimate discovery of what she needed fit perfectly and the success at the end all the more satisfying. I read “Coming Unbound’ twice and it got me right in the gut both times. I would love to see a story featuring Erik and will definitely be reading more works by Lacey Savage in the future.

Ratings:

Overall: 4
Sensuality level: 4 (light BDSM including sensation and pain play, menage)