TheRomanceEvangelist

The Romance Evangelist

The BookLikes companion to The Romance Evangelist (mharvey816.mh2.org).

Reviewer for Seductive Musings, Night Owl Reviews, and Romancing Rakes For the Love of Romance.

I live for the HEA/HFN and am decidedly pro-epilogue.

Complete Me: A Novel - J. Kenner A copy of this book was provided by the publisher for an honest review at SeductiveMusings.blogspot.com.

This review may contain spoilers for Complete Me, as well as Release Me and Claim Me, the two previous books in the Stark trilogy. It is unlikely that Complete Me would work as a stand-alone book, and the trilogy should be read in order.

Now that Nikki Fairchild and Damien Stark have survived the first true test of their love from forces without and within, they must face the real possibility that Damien will go to prison for a crime he did not commit. Nikki has shown Damien and the world that her love for him is unconditional, and that he will have her by his side no matter what may happen to him. Damien’s love for Nikki is just as strong and unyielding, and yet his equally strong belief that he knows what is best for her well being, even if it’s not what she wants, weighs heavily on his mind as he prepares to meet his fate in a German courtroom. “Complete Me” is the conclusion of their incredible love story, where Nikki and Damien must learn to trust more completely in each other in the face of a threat neither of them had even anticipated.

The thing that I love the most about the Stark Trilogy - its unpredictability - is shown most vividly in the opening chapters of “Complete Me”. I was all prepared for a long and revealing courtroom drama, with secrets revealed on the path to an inevitable happy ending for Nikki and Damien. When the threat of prison for Damien was unexpectedly neutralized and the story went off on a completely different but ultimately related path, I was both surprised and pleased not to be have been able to assume what was going to happen next. Throughout this dramatic and dangerous story, Nikki never doubts Damien’s love for her, even as she becomes more confused by his behavior and the actions of others with their own agendas and motivations for seeing the two lovers broken apart for good. We see that while her recovery from a lifetime of using cutting to handle negative emotions is still ongoing, she won’t let it be used to manipulate her into betraying Damien or their love. At the same time, Damien must face the fact that those he would have saved have betrayed his trust and that drastic measures are called for if he wants to keep her in his life. In his quest to save Nikki from those who would harm her, Damien must make the drastic decision to do the one thing he would never have done to save himself.

“Complete Me” is a wonderful conclusion to the Stark Trilogy and a worthy successor to the two books that preceded it. The relationship between Damien and Nikki may have started as a sexy game between damaged souls, but by the end of this book, it is a full and rich love between two people who have learned to grow emotionally and appreciate just how much it was all worth going through to get to their happy ending. J. Kenner’s Stark Trilogy is one of the best contemporary erotic romance series I’ve read this past year and I highly recommend all three books.

Ratings:

Overall: 5
Sensuality level: 4 (light BDSM, anal sex, semi-public sex, discussion of child sexual abuse)